Find your role in the European Union. Join the Master of European Studies - Governance and Regulation at University of Bonn
- Specialized curriculum on Governance and Regulation in the EU
- Renowned international faculty from across Europe with a mix of academics and practitioners
- Students actively contribute to current ZEI research
- Advance your career with the help of our Career Development Program
- Study in Germany, the heart of Europe
- Become an expert ready for a career in the EU institutions, government, the private sector, media and international organisations
- Join the ZEI Alumni Network
- The one-year program has established a reputation for excellence based on continuous experience since 1998
Highlights of the European Studies - Governance and Regulation in the EU offered by The University of Bonn
- Week-long orientation in Bonn and continuing student support services
- Excursions to the EU institutions in Brussels, Luxembourg and Frankfurt
Excursion the seat of the German government in Berlin
- Live in the former German capital and current United Nations City of Bonn
- Benefit from an additional Certificate in Intercultural Competences
- Profit from networking opportunities through Europe Dialogues and alumni meetups
- The program has been re-accredited in 2015 with the highest scores (very international, outstanding faculty, professional social and management skills training)
- Make use of our high-quality infrastructure at ZEI
AQUIN 01.10.2020 - 30.09.2028
- Governance in the EU: Historic evolution and political system paper
- Law of the EU: Institutions and procedures exam
- Political economy of European integration
- Inter-institutional bargaining and multi-level decision-making in the EU
- Law of the internal market
- Electronic communications
- EU fiscal federalism
The small class is comprised of young professionals from across Europe and from around the world. All seeking to gain a better understanding of how the European Union works and prepare themselves for the next stage of their careers.
ZEI's international faculty is comprised of renowned academics and practitioners with extensive international experience. Our Directors Prof. Dr. Kühnhardt and Prof. Dr. Koenig, are based in Bonn and the remaining faculty are all leading experts in European integration and travel from all over Europe to lecture in intensive bloc seminars.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
We are now accepting applications on a rolling basis.
DisciplinesEuropean Law European Studies Political Science View 33 other Masters in European Studies in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- An above-average higher education degree (minimum Bachelor) from a German or foreign academic higher education institution, preferably in law, economics, or political science, with at least 180 credit points (CPs) according to the ECTS system
- Proof of very good verbal and written English skills (C1)
- Relevant work experience of 1 to 2 years (students who in their undergraduate studies obtained 240 ECTS points require 1 year, students who have obtained 180 ECTS points require proof of 2 years work experience)
International6500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6500 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEA6500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6500 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
Includes: Excursions, reading materials, Career Development Program, intercultural training sessions, welcome week.
Living costs for Bonn
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.