Find your role in the European Union
- Specialized curriculum on Governance and Regulation in the EU
- Renowned international faculty from across Europe with a mix of academics and practitioners
- Students actively contribute to current ZEI research
- Advance your career with the help of our Career Development Program
- Study in Germany, the heart of Europe
- Become an expert ready for a career in the EU institutions, government, the private sector, media and international organisations
- Join the ZEI Alumni Network
- The one-year program has established a reputation for excellence based on continuous experience since 1998
Highlights of the European Studies - Governance and Regulation in the EU offered by The University of Bonn
- Week-long orientation in Bonn and continuing student support services
- Excursions to the EU institutions in Brussels and Luxembourg
Excursion the seat of the German government in Berlin
- Live in the former German capital and current United Nations City of Bonn
- Benefit from an additional Certificate in Intercultural Competences
- Profit from networking opportunities through Europe Dialogues and alumni meetups
- The program has been re-accredited in 2015 with the highest scores (very international, outstanding faculty, professional social and management skills training)
- Make use of our high-quality infrastructure at ZEI
AQUIN 01.10.2020 - 30.09.2028
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Governance in the EU: Historic evolution and political system paper
- Law of the EU: Institutions and Procedures exam
- Political economy of European integration
- Inter-institutional bargaining and multi-level decision-making in the EU
- Law of the internal market
- Electronic communications
- EU fiscal federalism
The small class is comprised of young professionals from across Europe and from around the world. All seeking to gain a better understanding of how the European Union works and prepare themselves for the next stage of their careers.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
The application deadline is the 15th of March.
DisciplinesEuropean Law European Studies Political Science View 30 other Masters in European Studies in Germany
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Curriculum Vitae (please use the Europass CV)
- Statement of motivation
- Copy of graduate certificate and academic transcript
- Certification of fluency in English
- Reference from employer or internship confirmation
- Copy of your passport
We require evidence of your work experience of either 1 or 2 years. For this, we require a letter from your employer or a reference which states when you were employed and in which role.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International6500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6500 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEA6500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6500 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
The tuition fee includes the modules, all required reading materials, the career development training and the excursions to Brussels, Luxembourg and Berlin.
Living costs for Bonn
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.