Through this Middle Eastern and Central Asian Studies program at the Australian National University, you'll gain a deep regional grounding from multiple interdisciplinary perspectives, including contemporary politics, international relations, modern history, political economy, development studies, sociology, and religious and cultural studies.
ANU ranks among the world's very finest universities. Our nearly 100,000 alumni include political, business, government, and academic leaders around the world.
We have graduated remarkable people from every part of our continent, our region and all walks of life.
- Islamic Radicalism
- Special Topic in Middle Eastern and Central Asian Studies
- Issues of Development in the Middle East
- Drivers of Violent Extremism: The Local and the Global in the Middle East
- Dynamics of Israeli-Palestinian Conflict
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies International Relations Political Science View 58 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in Australia
- At a minimum, all applicants must meet program-specific academic/non-academic requirements, and English language requirements. Admission to most ANU programs is on a competitive basis. Therefore, meeting all admission requirements does not automatically guarantee entry.
- Applicants must present a Bachelor degree or international equivalent with a minimum GPA of 5.0/7.0
International46680 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 46680 AUD per year during 18 months.
National30680 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30680 AUD per year during 18 months.
Living costs for Canberra
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.