The course enables students to gain the skills, knowledge and values to be strategic, ethical and reflective social work practitioners in a wide range of organisational settings, including working with individuals, groups and communities.
Please note, in accordance with Australian Association of Social Work (AASW) accreditation standards, this course requires on-line students to attend mandatory residential schools throughout the year.
Graduates of this Social Work - Professional Qualifying degree offered at the Southern Cross University will qualify as social workers in Australia. Graduates may also be eligible to apply to work as social workers overseas.
Graduates will be suited to employment in a wide range of jobs in the health and community services sectors. These include positions that are designated solely for social work-qualified staff (e.g. in hospitals), as well as other human services jobs that are open to other graduates.
Graduates may be employed in organisations such as Centrelink, public and private hospitals, child protection agencies, Australian Defence Force, domestic violence services, housing and homelessness agencies, aged care and disability services, mental health agencies, family counselling agencies, rehabilitation services and private practice.
- Issues of Protection
- Social Policy and Law for Social Work
- Social Work Foundations for Practice
- Social Work Direct Practice
- Social Work Field Placement
- Social Work across the Lifespan
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work Sociology View 59 other Masters in Social Work in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Southern Cross University and/or in Australia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- All applicants must have completed a three-year undergraduate degree.
- All applicants must have undertaken some prior study in the social sciences, psychology, or related fields.
- All applicants must have an assessable entry qualification from a country where English is the main language and where the medium of instruction for that qualification was English, or demonstrate proficiency of English
International28000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28000 AUD per year during 24 months.
- National fee is Commonwealth supported
Living costs for Gold Coast
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.