The course enables students to gain the skills, knowledge and values to be strategic, ethical and reflective social work practitioners in a wide range of organisational settings, including working with individuals, groups and communities.
Please note, in accordance with Australian Association of Social Work (AASW) accreditation standards, this course requires on-line students to attend mandatory residential schools throughout the year.
Graduates of this Social Work - Professional Qualifying degree offered at Southern Cross University will qualify as social workers in Australia. Graduates may also be eligible to apply to work as social workers overseas.
Graduates will be suited to employment in a wide range of jobs in the health and community services sectors. These include positions that are designated solely for social work-qualified staff (e.g. in hospitals), as well as other human services jobs that are open to other graduates. Graduates may be employed in organisations such as Centrelink, public and private hospitals, child protection agencies, Australian Defence Force, domestic violence services, housing and homelessness agencies, aged care and disability services, mental health agencies, family counselling agencies, rehabilitation services and private practice.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Issues of Protection
- Social Policy and Law for Social Work
- Social Work Foundations for Practice
- Social Work Direct Practice
- Social Work Field Placement
- Social Work across the Lifespan
- Social Work in Groups and Communities
- Health and Indigenous Peoples
- Research for Social Work
- Social Work Organisations, Leadership and Management
- Social Work Field Placement.
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work View 49 other Masters in Social Work in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All applicants must have completed a three-year undergraduate degree.
- All applicants must have undertaken some prior study in the social sciences, psychology, or related fields.
- All applicants must have an assessable entry qualification from a country where English is the main language and where the medium of instruction for that qualification was English, or demonstrate proficiency of English
International26800 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 26800 AUD per year and a duration of 24 months.
- National fee is Commonwealth supported
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.