Accredited exercise physiologists can provide exercise testing, preventative exercise programs and specialist rehabilitation exercise interventions for people living with chronic diseases, disability or injury.
The Master of Clinical Exercise Physiology offered by the Southern Cross University includes clinical placements at on-campus or off-campus locations, for students to gain practical experience in cardiorespiratory, musculoskeletal, metabolic, neuromuscular and immunological rehabilitation exercise.
Clinical exercise physiology is an allied health profession that is part of the Medicare and private health insurance systems.
Graduates are suited to employment in various settings including private practice with referrals from GPs, rehabilitation centres, community health, multidisciplinary allied health clinics, workplace health centres, hospitals and aged care facilities.
Clinical exercise physiology is a relatively new allied health profession. Accredited exercise physiologists work in chronic disease prevention and management, and rehabilitation services (chronic disease and musculoskeletal rehabilitation) in rural and metropolitan areas.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Small Business and Entrepreneurship for Allied Health, Fitness and Sport
- Advanced Sport and Exercise Psychology
- Exercise Physiology for Specific Populations
- Metabolic Health
- Cardiovascular Health
- Clinical Exercise Physiology for Chronic Conditions
- 18 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysiotherapy Sports Sciences View 24 other Masters in Physiotherapy in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Qualification equivalent to an Australian Bachelor degree [suggest linking to policy], plus specific requirements as indicated in the course structure tab. Students are required to have a degree considered by the University to be equivalent to an Australian Bachelor degree. Students without a degree but with substantial relevant work experience may be admitted to a Graduate Diploma or Masters.
International29600 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 29600 AUD per year and a duration of 18 months.
- National fee is Commonwealth supported
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.