During the Master of Healthcare Leadership offered by the Southern Cross University, you’ll extend your current knowledge in evidence-based care, and learn how to effectively lead teams of health professionals in Australia’s public and private healthcare systems.
Start when it suits you, power through six units a year, and complete your degree in two years. If you have a Graduate Diploma of Advanced Health Practice, you may be granted advanced standing for up to eight units. Four units may be awarded to individuals with a Graduate Certificate in Advanced Health Practice.
Australia has one of the best healthcare systems in the world. It’s the country’s largest employer, and employment opportunities continue to evolve and grow. As a Master of Healthcare Leadership graduate, your new research, clinical and management skills will equip you for leadership roles within primary health care, community outreach organisations, area health services, professional associations, hospitals, private practice, and local, state and federal policy making agencies.
- Appraising Evidence
- Discovery and Enqulry in Health: The Critical Literature Review
- Pitch and Propose
- Leading Change in Healthcare
- Strategic Health Management
- Health Systems, Policies and Practices
- Principles and Practice ot Clinical Accountability
- Social and Emotional Competence in the Workplace
- Leadership and Management in Health
- Healthcare Protessional Portfolio A
- Teaching and Supervision in a Clinical Setting
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesHealth Management Health Sciences View 44 other Masters in Health Management in Australia
- All applicants must have successfully completed a minimum three (3) year Bachelor qualification, or equivalent, in a health related discipline and must provide evidence of minimum one (1) year full-time and current work experience at degree level in a health related field and/or as acceptable to the School Board.
International2190 AUD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2190 AUD per module and a duration of 24 months.
National2455 AUD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2455 AUD per module and a duration of 24 months.
- Tuition fee is considered on a "per unit" basis.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!