As a student at the Applied Finance program at the Australian National University, you will be challenged to solve a variety of financial problems and will develop a keen analytical mind which will prove invaluable in the fast changing world of finance.
As a Master of Applied Finance graduate from the Australian National University you will be highly sought-after by employers both in Australia and around world.
- Describe the three ideas underpinning finance: the time value of money; diversification; and, arbitrage
- Critically assess the application of these three ideas to corporate financial decision-making; investment decisions and portfolio management; derivatives and risk management; portfolio construction; corporate valuation; and debt markets.
- Use strong cognitive, technical and communication skills in interpreting, analysing, and evaluating financial information and problems.
- Use professional abilities that will enhance research and analytical skills.
Graduates from ANU have been rated as Australia's most employable graduates and among the most sought after by employers worldwide.
The latest Global Employability University Ranking, published by the Times Higher Education, rated ANU as Australia's top university for getting a job for the fourth year in a row.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Financial Statements and Reporting
- Applied Foundations of Finance
- Applied Corporate Finance
- Applied Investments
- Applied Derivatives
- Applied Valuation
- Topics in International Finance
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesFinance Accounting View 131 other Masters in Finance in Australia
- A Bachelor degree or international equivalent with a minimum GPA of 5.0/7.0, with courses in at least one cognate area.
- Or an ANU Graduate Certificate of Finance and Actuarial Statistics (Finance Specialisation) with a minimum GPA of 4.5/7.0
International44470 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 44470 AUD per year during 18 months.
National26680 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26680 AUD per year during 18 months.
Living costs for Canberra
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- ANU offers a wide range of scholarships to students to assist with the cost of their studies.
- Eligibility to apply for ANU scholarships varies depending on the specifics of the scholarship and can be categorised by the type of student you are. Specific scholarship application process information is included in the relevant scholarship listing.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.