You’ll have the skills to adapt to change and address emerging public health problems in the rapidly evolving global environment. By the time you graduate, you'll have the confidence and skills to challenge the root causes of poor health using systems thinking with an interdisciplinary, evidence-based approach.
Consider expanding your skillset with a double degree – such as a Master of Public Health and Master of Health Administration, where you'll layer public health and healthcare business knowledge.
Throughout the course, you'll study topics such as systems thinking, leadership and public health responses. You’ll explore ways to grapple with the complexity of, and approaches to, public health problems.
As a graduate, you'll manage and solve complex local and global public health issues as you conceive, create, lead and evaluate achievable initiatives. You'll have the skills to engage and communicate with decision-makers in all sectors to advance public health goals.
Options in research and practice give you direct, practical experience to apply analytical and problem-solving strategies to real problems in public health and healthcare. You may also opt for a specialisation in health management.
- Understand how the systems in our society are intrinsically linked to the health of individual people.
Epidemiology and biostatistics
- Learn how to gather and interpret health data and improve health outcomes for your community.
Approaches to public health
- Understand how theoretical principles can help you solve public health problems.
Policy and practice
- Learn how to create policies that can improve health outcomes and develop practices that promote better health in your community.
- Develop the confidence to lead public health initiatives.
The qualification awarded on graduation is recognised in the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) as Level 9.
*12 month completion applies to students entering with a cognate bachelors and honours year
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureSubjects include:
- Principles of Public Health
- Epidemiology and Biostatistics
- Systems Thinking and Leadership
- Social and Cultural Perspectives in Public Health
- Health Systems
- Public Health Responses
- Health Policy Development and Implementation
- Health Promotion Strategy and Practice
- Management and Leadership in Health
- Health Quality Care
- Strategy and Operation Management
- Financial Management in Health Services
- Health, Law and Ethics
A Master of Public Health will equip you to work in a health sector of your choice. You’ll be confident to take positions in healthcare, community, research and policy with titles like policy, evaluation or health promotion officer, researcher or community development worker.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
- 180 total credit points; 12 subjects; 15 credit points a subject
- Alternate entry is also available via special consideration, the Special Entry Access Scheme (SEAS) or advanced standing.
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Management Health Sciences View 50 other Masters in Health Management in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
To apply to La Trobe's Master of Public Health, you'll need to complete your application and provide the following:
- Completed undergraduate degree in any discipline
- Transcripts from prior colleges and universities
- Resume or CV
- Personal statement.
Alternate entry is also available via special consideration or advanced standing.
To help all our students succeed academically, we have English language requirements for entry into our courses. For more information on these requirements visit Official Programme Website.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International27600 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 27600 AUD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National27600 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 27600 AUD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.