Upgrade your expertise in mathematical sciences with a Master of Mathematical Sciences (Advanced) from Australian National University, the best university in Australia for mathematics teaching and research.
- Explain the fundamental concepts of a chosen research topic and its role in modern mathematics and applied contexts.
- Systematically identify relevant theory and concepts, relate these to appropriate methodologies and evidence, and draw appropriate conclusions.
- Demonstrate capacity for mathematical reasoning through analyzing, proving and explaining concepts from the chosen research area.
- Engage in systematic discovery and critical review of appropriate and relevant information sources.
- Communicate research concepts and contexts clearly and effectively both in writing and orally.
Roles our graduates hold include Associate, Quantitative Applications Division at Macquarie Group; Lecturer, Sanata Dharma University (Indonesia); and Visiting Assistant Professor of Managerial Economics and Decision Sciences, Kellogg School of Management (USA).
Areas such as biological sciences and computational science are becoming increasingly reliant on advanced techniques from the mathematical sciences. The Master of Mathematical Science will equip you with quantitative skills in this areas, as well as act as a pathway to a PhD.
- Mathematical Finance
- Fractal Geometry & Applications to Digital Imaging
- Numerical Optimisation
- Topics in Algebra and Topology
- Topics in Computational Mathematics
- Theory of Partial Differential Equations
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesMathematics Financial Mathematics Computer Sciences View 139 other Masters in Computer Sciences in Australia
CRICOS CODE: 082337G
At a minimum, all applicants must meet program-specific academic/non-academic requirements, and English language requirements. Admission to most ANU programs is on a competitive basis. Therefore, meeting all admission requirements does not automatically guarantee entry.
Applicants must present a Bachelor degree or international equivalent
- with a minimum GPA of at least 5.5/7.0
- with at least 8 courses in a cognate discipline, which must also have a minimum GPA of 5.5/7.0.
The GPA requirement for this program must be met by both the program as a whole, as well as by the 8 courses in a cognate discipline. Where more than 8 cognate courses have been completed by the applicant, ANU will take the best 8 courses when assessing the cognate GPA.
International47940 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 47940 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Canberra
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.