The Forestry (Advanced) program from the Australian National University reflects the diversity of perspectives needed for effective forest resource management.
You will take courses that develop your knowledge in either the science and methods or policy and management aspects of forestry and sustainable forest management.
The Advanced program incorporates up to a year of research with mentoring by a Supervisor and the production of a thesis.
- Demonstrate expert specialist knowledge and cognitive skills across a broad range of contemporary issues and challenges in forestry and forest sciences
- Independently apply their knowledge and understanding of complex information and their analytical abilities to a range of problems, concepts and theories concerning forestry and forest sciences
- Effectively communicate knowledge and understanding of forest science, methods, policy and management to a diversity of stakeholders
- Demonstrate that they have completed appropriate research training for further study
Graduates of the Master of Forestry go on to careers in forestry and natural resource science, management and policy.
Our graduates are employed as forest researchers, managers, rangers, technicians and policy specialists, and are also employed in a range of consulting roles in the government and private sectors.
Completing a Master of Forestry (Advanced), with a substantial research component, can also qualify you to apply for entry to a PhD program.
- Participatory Resource Management: Working with Communities and Stakeholders
- Essentials of Environmental Law
- Environmental Policy
- Climate Change Vulnerability and Adaptation
- Managing Forested Landscapes
- Land and Catchment Management
- Ecological Assessment and Management
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesForestry Ecology Environmental Sciences
- At a minimum, all applicants must meet program-specific academic/non-academic requirements, and English language requirements. Admission to most ANU programs is on a competitive basis. Therefore, meeting all admission requirements does not automatically guarantee entry.
- Applicants must present a Bachelor degree or international equivalent with a minimum GPA of 5.5/7.0.
International47940 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 47940 AUD per year during 24 months.
National32840 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32840 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Canberra
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.