The Design, Master Studio programme, at the University of Applied Sciences and Arts Northwestern Switzerland, sees itself as an experimental, discourse and production space. In exchange with mentors and external experts, students translate aspects of research, economics, technology and culture into future design fields of action. As a designer from various disciplines, you open up new perspectives for your professional career.
The curriculum of the degree program is divided into interdisciplinary core modules and freely selectable specialization programs. This gives you the opportunity to optimally develop your individual knowledge areas, interests and abilities in an interdisciplinary, inspiring learning environment.
The Master's Studio is a full-time study program with a standard duration of three semesters. The extension to a fourth semester is possible with the exception of the Studio Fashion Design.
As graduates of a degree course at the Institut Integrative Gestaltung | Master Studio
- work as holistic designers in cultural or commercial occupational fields
- take responsible positions in full-service design agencies
- create startups with new fields of activity
- you are employed as Art and Creative Director
Embedded in a transdisciplinary curriculum, "Masterstudio Design" combines four in-depth study programs and thus enables the individual development of interests, knowledge fields and abilities in a pulsating learning environment:
- Studio Integrative Design
- Studio Fashion Design
- Studio Industrial Design
- Studio Scenography & Exhibition Design
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesDesign View 7 other Masters in Design in Switzerland
- The study program is aimed at applicants with a university degree from a Swiss university for design and art or the Hochschule der Künste.
- University graduates with a focus on humanities or technical subjects are also eligible. Transfers from other universities are possible and are checked individually.
- The language of instruction is German and English. For German-speaking students a CEFR level B2 is expected in English. The proof can be documented by means of a certificate or can be provided during the admission interview.
- Here You will find detailed information about the application, registration and admission to study.
International9028 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4514 EUR per semester and a duration of 18 months.
EU/EEA1262 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 631 EUR per semester and a duration of 18 months.
- Semester fee:CHF 700.- (CH / EU); CHF 5000.- (other)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.