The Environmental Science (Advanced) program at the Australian National University incorporates up to a year of research with mentoring by a Supervisor and the production of a thesis.
Find out more about studying Environmental Science, the degree structure, the university experience, career opportunities and student stories on our website.
- Demonstrate both a broad knowledge base in the environmental sciences, and expert knowledge in one or more of the biological sciences, earth and marine sciences and environmental and ecological sciences
- Independently apply their advanced knowledge and analytical, research, teamwork, and oral and written communication skills in professional practice in the environmental sciences
- Effectively communicate knowledge and understanding in the environmental sciences to both specialist and non-specialist audiences
- Demonstrate that they have completed appropriate research training for further study
ANU ranks among the world's very finest universities. Our nearly 100,000 alumni include political, business, government, and academic leaders around the world.
We have graduated remarkable people from every part of our continent, our region and all walks of life.
- Plants: Genes to Environment
- Plant Functional Diversity: Genomes to Biomes
- Population Ecology
- Principles of Genetics
- Field Studies in Behavioural Ecology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesEarth Sciences Biology Environmental Sciences View 76 other Masters in Biology in Australia
- At a minimum, all applicants must meet program-specific academic/non-academic requirements, and English language requirements. Admission to most ANU programs is on a competitive basis. Therefore, meeting all admission requirements does not automatically guarantee entry.
- Applicants must present a Bachelor degree or international equivalent in a cognate discipline with a minimum GPA of 5.5/7.0.
International47754 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 47754 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Canberra
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.