The International and Development Economics program at the Australian National University will equip you with the tools of advanced economic analysis, and the skill to apply them to economic policies for trade, finance, development and the environment.
You can choose from electives including international trade, banking and monetary policy, economic development, econometric methods, economic regulation, and environmental and natural resource policy.
- use advanced tools to analyse the economic effects of policy change and to formulate economic policies
- understand the issues in the coordination of policies in international and development economics
- access the academic literature in applied economics and economic policy
- undertake independent research in applied economics and policy, especially in international and development economics
Graduates from ANU have been rated as Australia's most employable graduates and among the most sought after by employers worldwide.
The latest Global Employability University Ranking, published by the Times Higher Education, rated ANU as Australia's top university for getting a job for the fourth year in a row.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Graduate Preparatory Macroeconomics
- Graduate Preparatory Econometrics
- Macroeconomic Analysis and Policy
- Mathematical Methods in Applied Economics
- Microeconomic Analysis and Policy
- Econometric Techniques
- Government, Markets and Global Change
- Issues in Development Policy
- Open Economy Macroeconomics, Finance, and Development
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEconomics International Development International Business View 133 other Masters in Economics in Australia
- At a minimum, all applicants must meet program-specific academic/non-academic requirements, and English language requirements. Admission to most ANU programs is on a competitive basis. Therefore, meeting all admission requirements does not automatically guarantee entry.
- Applicants must present a Bachelor degree or international equivalent with a minimum GPA of 5.0/7.0
International39793 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39793 AUD per year during 24 months.
National23450 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23450 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Canberra
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.