During the Earth Sciences (Advanced) program at the Australian National University, you will study courses from different Earth science disciplines and undertake training on how to gather data and interpret results, before being provided with expert supervision for your research project.
There is a broad range of research topics for you to choose from, including biogeochemistry, experimental petrology, geobiology, geochemistry, geochronology, geology, geophysics, ocean and climate change and planetary sciences.
- Understand advanced concepts in Earth Sciences and relate them to a range of disciplinary and interdisciplinary contexts
- Apply knowledge acquired in the coursework to their research project
- Acquire independently data and evaluate and interpret obtained datasets
- Formulate working hypotheses and design methods to test these
- Compile a major body of research in a written report and present results to an expert audience.
- Communicate effectively with university staff, peer students and the wider community on Earth Science topics.
ANU ranks among the world's very finest universities. Our nearly 100,000 alumni include political, business, government, and academic leaders around the world.
We have graduated remarkable people from every part of our continent, our region and all walks of life.
- Research Methods for Earth Sciences
- Earth Science Research Proposal & Presentation
- Computational Geosciences -- Problem Solving, Logical Thinking and Computer Programming
- Research Orientation: Big Questions in the Earth Sciences
- Analytical Techniques
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPhysics Earth Sciences Geology View 18 other Masters in Geology in Australia
Applicants must present a Bachelor degree or international equivalent
- with a minimum GPA of at least 5.5.0/7.0
- with at least 8 courses in a cognate discipline, which must also have a minimum GPA of 5.5/7.0.
The GPA requirement for this program must be met by both the program as a whole, as well as by the 8 courses in a cognate discipline. Where more than 8 cognate courses have been completed by the applicant, ANU will take the best 8 courses when assessing the cognate GPA.
International47940 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 47940 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Canberra
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.