Boost your credentials and your career with a Master of Archaeological Science (Advanced) at the Australian National University.
- understand the theories, methods and practice of archaeological science;
Upon successful completion, students will have the skills and knowledge to:
- understand how scientific techniques can be applied to archaeological problems;
- be familiar with the major sub-disciplines of archaeological science;
- be able to apply archaeological scientific techniques in the field, laboratory and written form;
- be trained and have experience in undertaking a research project in at least one branch of archaeological science;
- complete a major piece of research in the field of Archaeological Science (including research design, undertake research, data analysis and interpretation, and write-up/publication)
Graduates from ANU have been rated as Australia's most employable graduates and among the most sought after by employers worldwide.
The latest Global Employability University Ranking, published by the Times Higher Education, rated ANU as Australia's top university for getting a job for the fourth year in a row.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Australian Archaeology
- Archaeology of the Pacific Islanders
- The History of Archaeology: Discovering the Past
- Cultural Landscapes and Environmental Change
- Post-Roman Archaeology of Britain: Arthur and the Anglo Saxons
- The Archaeology of South East Asia
- Britons and Romans: The Archaeology of the Western Roman Empire
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Archaeology View 12 other Masters in Archaeology in Australia
- By transfer from the Master of Archaeological Science with a minimum GPA of 6.0/7.0, and the approval of an identified supervisor for the research project/thesis.
- If the total number of units attempted exceeds 72 in the same teaching period in which the 72nd unit is attempted, exactly 72 units will be used in the calculation of the weighted average mark with units from the course with the highest mark applied first followed by further units from courses in descending order of marks.
International44470 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 44470 AUD per year during 24 months.
National28910 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28910 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Canberra
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- ANU offers a wide range of scholarships to students to assist with the cost of their studies.
- Eligibility to apply for ANU scholarships varies depending on the specifics of the scholarship and can be categorised by the type of student you are. Specific scholarship application process information is included in the relevant scholarship listing.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.