The Culture Health and Medicine (Advanced) program at the Australian National University is taught by leading academics, clinicians, and global health practitioners from across the ANU.
Many courses in this program are available online. Although the program itself is not available online, it may be possible for some students with a prior cognate degree to complete the program by selecting only courses that are available online; please note that not all courses are available online and so there is a restricted selection available. Students interested in this option can contact the program convenor to discuss their eligibility and course selections.
- engage in informed debate demonstrating a critical understanding of the historical, political, institutional and cultural factors that frame health, illness and medical care;
- synthesise research, literature and other texts from a range of disciplinary perspectives to develop insight into contemporary health and medical issues;
- develop a practical research plan in the fields of clinical care, public health or health promotion, incorporating a range of methodologies and theoretical perspectives; and
- complete a major piece of research in the field of Culture, Health and Medicine.
ANU ranks among the world's very finest universities. Our nearly 100,000 alumni include political, business, government, and academic leaders around the world.
We have graduated remarkable people from every part of our continent, our region and all walks of life.
- Spirit Rising: Religious Resurgence in its Local Context
- Traditional Australian Indigenous Cultures, Societies and Environment
- Culture and Development
- Culture, Social Justice and Aboriginal Society Today
- Gender in Cross-Cultural Perspective
- Medicine, Healing and the Body
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Health Sciences Political Science View 59 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in Australia
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Australian National University and/or in Australia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- At a minimum, all applicants must meet program-specific academic/non-academic requirements, and English language requirements. Admission to most ANU programs is on a competitive basis. Therefore, meeting all admission requirements does not automatically guarantee entry.
- Applicants must present a Bachelor degree or international equivalent with a minimum GPA of 6.0/7.0
International48005 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 48005 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Canberra
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.