As a student in the Creative Writing program at Macquarie University, you will undertake intensive practical workshops across a range of genres, including young adult fiction, creative non-fiction, short story, novella, novel and poetry. You will create, workshop, and develop your writing with peers and our expert teachers.
- You'll be taught by high-calibre teachers, including winners of university teaching awards and published writers.
- You'll have opportunities to apply your skills in professional context projects, and to add value to your writing through a suite of editing and publishing units.
- You can undertake a wide range of practical, writing-intensive units to further develop your skills.
- You'll create an e-portfolio of your work and learn new skills in our state-of-the art online learning platforms.
- You'll have opportunities to participate in weekly creative writing workshops for peer feedback and discussion.
Graduates launch new careers or develop and promote their existing careers in the arts, media, education and training industries, including:
- Book publishing - editorial, public relations, and copy editing
- Corporate, technical and copy writing
- Creative authorship, including picture books, young adult fiction, adult fiction, poetry
- Secondary, tertiary and continuing education creative writing, literature and English studies teaching
- Theatre and film writing and production
- Travel, social media, health, arts journalism and magazine writing, online and in print.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Writing Creative Non-Fiction
- Short Form Writing - short story, novella, poetry cycle
- Literature and Writing in Professional Contexts
- Writing the Past
- Manuscript Project
- Digital Creative Writing & Publishing Projects
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , National
- International - We recommend applying early for your course to ensure you have adequate time to arrange your student visa.
DisciplinesLanguages Creative Writing View 20 other Masters in Creative Writing in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS CODE: 099160K
AQF level 8 bachelor honours or graduate diploma qualification in a related field or recognised equivalent, or
Meet two of the following three criteria:
- AQF level 7 bachelor's qualification in a related field or recognised equivalent
- Approved work experience, professional certification or other recognised prior learning
- AQF level 7 bachelor's qualification or recognised equivalent with a WAM of 65
International37200 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37200 AUD per year during 12 months.
National21600 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21600 AUD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Sydney
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.