The Law students from Yale University students at Yale Law School enjoy small class sizes, the camaraderie of fellow LL.M. and J.D. students, and a close relationship with the Yale Law School faculty. No uniform course of study is prescribed for LL.M. candidates courses are elective, and students are afforded considerable flexibility to tailor their studies to their own interests.
Subject to meeting degree requirements, LL.M. candidates are invited to use the resources of the Law School in whatever program of study will best prepare them for a career in research and teaching. They are also eligible to apply for support to present at national and international academic conferences.
Programme StructureCourses Included:
- Beyond the extraordinary academic opportunities at Yale Law School, our LL.M. students regularly and actively participate in many other aspects of student life at the Law School and across Yale University, including participating in a diversity of student organizations and attending a wide variety of co-curricular events and activities.
- The Graduate Programs Office also hosts a range of academic and social events for graduate students throughout the academic year from, for instance, our Works in Progress Symposium, where students present their research to faculty and peers, and workshops on academic writing and publishing, to our winter and spring luncheons, a cruise around the Thimble Islands, and a visit to the historic Litchfield Law School, among others.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCriminal Law Civil & Private Law Public Law View 215 other Masters in Public Law in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- $80 application fee or fee waiver
- Recommendations from two teachers and one counselor
- School Report with transcript
- English proficiency test results - recommended for non-native English-speakers
- Mid-Year Report & Final Report
International67108 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 67108 USD per year during 12 months.
National67108 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 67108 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for New Haven
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.