The creative sector is rapidly emerging as an economic force to be reckoned with as millions of people across the world now work in this fast-growing and dynamic sector.
The sector offers diverse and rewarding career opportunities encompassing arts management; music, film, television and radio; screen and film production and practice; the performing and visual arts; advertising and marketing; writing, publishing and print media; and software and interactive content development.
As a student in the Creative Industries program at Macquarie University, you’ll develop an advanced understanding and appreciation of a range of approaches to contemporary production, distribution and audience engagement.
You’ll advance your knowledge of creative media project design, aesthetics and management.
And you’ll have access to professional-quality studios for screen production, drama, dance, music recording and radio production; industry-standard digital workstations; a specially equipped theatre for screenings; and digital production tools.
- Advertising or PR manager
- Arts and cultural administrator
- Audio engineer
- Creative media entrepreneur
- Creative media marketing and promotion specialist
- Government arts policy adviser or cultural attaché
- Media policy and strategy developer
- Media Production Foundation
- Media and Communications: Creative Contexts
- Media and Communications: Technologies
- Media and Communications: Representations
- Creative Entrepreneurship
- Digital Media Strategies
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , National
- International - We recommend applying early for your course to ensure you have adequate time to arrange your student visa.
- 2 years - 160
- 1,5 years - 120
- 1 year - 80
DisciplinesCreative Writing Media Studies & Mass Media View 21 other Masters in Creative Writing in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS CODE: 099159C
- AQF level 7 bachelor's qualification in a related field or recognised equivalent with a WAM of 65, or
- AQF level 7 bachelor's qualification in a related field or recognised equivalent, and two years relevant approved work experience, professional certification or other recognised prior learning, or
- AQF level 7 bachelor's qualification or recognised equivalent with a WAM of 65 and two years relevant approved work experience, professional certfication or other recognised prior learning
International34000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34000 AUD per year during 12 months.
National28800 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28800 AUD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Sydney
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.