The survival of all life on earth depends on properly functioning ecosystems. Without biodiversity, ecosystems break down. When this happens, our water systems, the air we breathe and the environments in which we grow food are all impacted.
Conserving the environment has become a global priority, and those with specialist skills in identifying and implementing strategies for preserving our rich diversity are in demand.
Career Opportunities after the Conservation Biology program at Macquarie University
So that you’re equipped with the knowledge and skills employers require now and in the future, we design many of our degrees and courses in consultation with a range of industries and sectors. Having such experts involved in creating the fundamentals of your degree or course provides you with opportunities to contextualise your learning, and gain the latest career insights.
- Conservation policymaker
- Environmental or geotechnical consultant
- National parks manager
- Project manager
- Scientific education officer
- Threatened species adviser
- Biological Data Analysis
- Conservation and Management of Wild Populations
- Contemporary Conservation in Australia
- Climate Change Biology: Impacts and Adaptation
- Regional and Global Conservation
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- International - We recommend applying early for your course to ensure you have adequate time to arrange your student visa.
DisciplinesBiology Biodiversity & Conservation Bioinformatics & Biostatistics View 76 other Masters in Biology in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- CRICOS CODE: 086079K
- AQF level 7 bachelor's qualification or recognised equivalent, and
- Two units in Biology or approved work experience, professional certification or other recognised prior learning
International39600 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39600 AUD per year during 12 months.
National22000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22000 AUD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Sydney
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.