Such an approach enables anthropologists to examine key global challenges and events, like climate change and xenophobia, as well as how government policies, technologies, and products and services are incorporated into people’s lives.
Designed for those whose work or interest is in understanding people in specific contexts, this program equips students with the necessary ethnographic skills and opportunities to undertake analysis of human lives, and to make cross-cultural comparisons.
Why study anthropology at the ANU?
The Anthropology program at the Australian National University is a highly sought-after program that places very strong emphasis on anthropological theory and methods with the intention of turning out graduates ready to work in applied research contexts in the public and corporate sectors.
The program provides students with central skills in anthropological and ethnographic theory and methods, which includes training in research and analysis, a broad suite of optional language training, field-schools, internship placements as well as a thesis option. We offer graduates comprehensive training in ethnographic methods and anthropological theory, followed by thematised progression in accordance with the student's interests and future intentions for work or study.
- Graduates from ANU have been rated as Australia's most employable graduates and among the most sought after by employers worldwide.
- The latest Global Employability University Ranking, published by the Times Higher Education, rated ANU as Australia's top university for getting a job for the fourth year in a row.
- Global Citizen: Culture, Development and Inequality
- Gender in Cross-Cultural Perspective
- Medicine, Healing and the Body
- Culture and Person
- States and Citizens: Anthropological Perspectives
- Doing Medical Anthropology
- Design and Field Methods in Anthropology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Anthropology View 16 other Masters in Anthropology in Australia
- At a minimum, all applicants must meet program-specific academic/non-academic requirements, and English language requirements. Admission to most ANU programs is on a competitive basis. Therefore, meeting all admission requirements does not automatically guarantee entry.
- Applicants must present a Bachelor degree or international equivalent with a minimum GPA of 5.0/7.0.
International44470 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 44470 AUD per year during 24 months.
National28910 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28910 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Canberra
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.