The Accounting program at the Australian National University is taught by research active academic staff. Students are exposed to professional and scholarly academic accounting research, enhancing their academic and professional competence.
Graduates who have successfully completed the Master of Accounting will have the skills and knowledge to:
- Integrate contemporary, and advanced theoretical and technical accounting knowledge in a business context.
- Understand and synthesise a broad range of accounting issues through the lens of accounting and business research.
- Exercise judgement under minimal supervision to analyse and provide possible solutions to emerging and advanced accounting problems in complex contexts using where appropriate social, ethical, economic, regulatory, sustainability, governance and/or global perspectives.
- Critically apply advanced theoretical and technical accounting knowledge and skills to evaluate a range of emerging and advanced accounting problems in professional and research contexts.
- Justify and communicate accounting advice and ideas to both specialists and non-specialists.
Graduates from ANU have been rated as Australia's most employable graduates and among the most sought after by employers worldwide.The latest Global Employability University Ranking, published by the Times Higher Education, rated ANU as Australia's top university for getting a job for the fourth year in a row.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Financial Statements and Reporting
- Business Economics
- Applied Foundations of Finance
- Contemporary Issues in Accounting
- Public Sector Accounting and Reporting
- Sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility, Accountability and Reporting
- Management Accounting and Cost Analysis
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEconomics Business Administration Accounting View 106 other Masters in Accounting in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS CODE: 050800J
- At a minimum, all applicants must meet program-specific academic/non-academic requirements, and English language requirements.
- Admission to most ANU programs is on a competitive basis. Therefore, meeting all admission requirements does not automatically guarantee entry.
International44470 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 44470 AUD per year during 24 months.
National26680 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26680 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Canberra
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- ANU offers a wide range of scholarships to students to assist with the cost of their studies.
- Eligibility to apply for ANU scholarships varies depending on the specifics of the scholarship and can be categorised by the type of student you are. Specific scholarship application process information is included in the relevant scholarship listing.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.