The Higher Education program offered by the University of Nevada, Las Vegas , is distinguished by its emphasis on integrating practical and relevant administrative skills with a broad understanding of issues facing higher education institutions. The M.Ed. program allows students to choose a sequence of courses emphasizing student affairs, intercollegiate athletics, or higher education organization.
Upon completion of this program, graduates will be able to:
- Discuss the historical and philosophical influences that have guided the evolution of higher education in the U.S.
- Discuss the ways in which institutional mission, type and organizational structure shapes the nature of student affairs or intercollegiate athletics work.
- Discuss the nature of leading and working with and in diverse organizations.
- Discuss the requisite knowledge to fulfill key student affairs responsibilities (e.g., ethical practice, diversity awareness, supervision, assessment, etc.).
- Discuss and articulate an informed perspective on several contested issues in higher education (e.g., student affairs, intercollegiate athletics, etc.).
Higher Education Organization
Entry to mid-level administration in non-student services at universities, community colleges, and proprietary institutions:
- Facilities management
- Public relations
- Institutional advancement
- Business affairs
- Human relations administration
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Management Communications
- Leadership Development Seminar
- Leading Diverse Organizations
- History of American Higher Education
- Qualitative Research Methodologies
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 4292 other Masters in Education in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- A completed application and official copies of all college transcripts
- Two letters of professional/academic recommendation
- Optional GRE Submission: official copy of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) taken within the last 5 years. The UNLV Higher Education Program has chosen to use GRE Scores as an optional part of the M.Ed. application process. GRE scores that are strong may help an applicant with a lower GPA. This is because, along with other components of the application, strong GREs may suggest that a lower GPA does not reflect an applicant's academic potential
- A minimum GPA of 2.75 for all undergraduate work or a 3.00 for the last two years of undergraduate work
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International234111 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 234111 USD per year during 12 months.
National234111 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 234111 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State6869 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6869 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Las Vegas
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.