On the back of the global financial crisis, finance skills have never been more in demand. Being able to navigate through the complex world of markets, banks and regulatory frameworks is highly desirable in today's economy.
With the skills you'll gain from the Applied Finance program at Macquarie University, including the ability to help organisations create value, invest wisely and manage risk, you'll find yourself with an enviable skill set that will allow you to further your career in the global financial environment.
Professional Services and Consulting Firms
- Large and medium corporates (including State Owned Enterprises)
- Commercial banks
- Investment banks
- Fund and Wealth Managers, Hedge Funds, Family Funds
- Principal Investing: Private Equity and VC firms
- Boutique investment and advisory firms
- Regulators, rating agencies, governance and proxy advisory firms
Macquarie Business School is accredited by international accreditation body Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Case Studies in Applied Finance
- Financial Statement Analysis and Modelling
- Principles of Finance
- Finance Principles
- Quantitative and Economic Analysis
- Econometrics and Business Statistics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , National
- International - We recommend applying early for your course to ensure you have adequate time to arrange your student visa.
- 1.5 years - 120
- 1 year - 80
DisciplinesFinance Risk Management View 134 other Masters in Finance in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS CODE: 083777G
- AQF level 8 bachelor honours or graduate diploma qualification in a related field or recognised equivalent and two years relevant approved work experience, or
- AQF level 7 bachelor's qualification in a related field or recognised equivalent and two years relevant approved work experience
- Two years full-time equivalent relevant professional work experience
International42800 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 42800 AUD per year during 12 months.
National36000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 36000 AUD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.