It is a technically and scientifically based program that blends the physical aspects of the hydrologic sciences with policy and management issues.
The Water Resource Management program at University of Nevada, Las Vegas is designed to encourage a multidisciplinary approach to learning. Students enter the program from a wide variety of undergraduate programs, then take classes and conduct research with faculty in the Colleges of: Sciences, Business, Urban Affairs, Engineering, and Liberal Arts at UNLV, plus the Boyd School of Law and the Desert Research Institute. Students in the WRM program also work with participating faculty from federal, state, and local government agencies.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the scientific research method.
- Demonstrate the ability to pose a scientific research question, including posing the question in the form of a hypothesis.
- Demonstrate the ability to conduct a scientific literature search, tailored to the specific project.
- Demonstrate the ability to execute problem-specific skills at an appropriate level.
- Demonstrate the ability to design and execute a scientific research plan, without excessive guidance.
- Demonstrate the ability to present the results of scientific research in both oral and written formats.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Water Resource Management
- Environmental Studies
- Policy Issues
- Water Economics and Water Law
- Professional Paper in WRM
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Hydrology & Water Management Environmental Management View 121 other Masters in Hydrology & Water Management in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A minimum overall undergraduate grade point average of 3.00.
- Submission of an online application.
- Transcripts of all college-level course work.
- Three letters of recommendation from individuals competent to comment on the applicant's promise as a graduate student.
- A letter of application stating the student's interests and goals.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International23411 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23411 USD per year
National23411 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23411 USD per year
In-State6869 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6869 USD per year
Living costs for Las Vegas
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.