It aims to enhance evidence-based decision making in tropical medicine, international health, and the underpinning disciplines through a wide choice of modules including small group clinically focused teaching.
By the end of this Tropical Medicine and International Health programme at London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine students will be able to:
- demonstrate understanding of the causation, pathogenesis, clinical features, diagnosis, management, and control of the major parasitic, bacterial, and viral, and noncommunicable diseases affecting tropical and developing countries
- demonstrate a critical understanding of the evidence base of tropical medicine and disease control in developing countries and of its application in the practice of evidence-based tropical medicine and disease control
- demonstrate understanding and skills in diagnostic parasitology microbiology and entomology through the selection of appropriate testing methods and the preparation and examination of biological specimens for identification of common parasitic and bacterial pathogens and associated vectors
- demonstrate understanding of the application of basic epidemiological principles, including selecting an appropriate study design to address a given clinical or public health problem
- Advanced Immunology
- Childhood Eye Disease and Ocular Infections
- Designing Disease Control Programmes
- Economic Evaluation
- Generalised Linear Models
- Health Care Evaluation
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine View 960 other Masters in Human Medicine in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- In order to be admitted to the MSc Tropical Medicine & International Health, an applicant must have a degree in medicine and be a registered medical practitioner.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have at least two years of experience working in clinical medicine (in any country) with recent professional experience in a relevant discipline.
International26680 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26680 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11750 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.