Students on the Public Health for Development programme at London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine have substantial experience of planning or implementing public health programmes, of teaching or public-health-related research and wish to hone their critical professional skills.
By the end of the programme, students will able to:
- demonstrate knowledge, understanding and skills in core public health disciplines including epidemiology, statistics, social science research, health economics and health policy
- demonstrate knowledge and understanding of a range of current issues and topics related to public health in low- and middle-income settings
- apply public health knowledge and skills to identify and assess public health problems in low- and middle-income countries
- formulate appropriate public health strategies to control health problems and promote health in low- and middle-income countries
- evaluate actions designed to improve public health in low- and middle-income countries
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Extended Epidemiology
- Health Policy, Process & Power
- Principles of Social Research
- Designing Disease Control Programmes
- Economic Evaluation
- Health Care Evaluation
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEconomics Public Health View 511 other Masters in Economics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- In order to be admitted to an LSHTM master's degree programme, an applicant must:
- hold either a first degree at Second Class Honours standard in a relevant discipline, or a degree in medicine recognised by the UK General Medical Council (GMC) for the purposes of practising medicine in the UK, or another degree of equivalent standard awarded by an overseas institution recognised by UK ENIC.
- hold a professional qualification appropriate to the programme of study to be followed obtained by written examinations and judged by LSHTM to be equivalent to a Second Class Honours degree or above.
- have relevant professional experience or training which is judged by LSHTM to be equivalent to a Second Class Honours degree or above.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International28540 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28540 GBP per year during 12 months.
National12330 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12330 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Home £6,165 /year
- EU/Overseas £14,270 /year
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.