The flexible nature of the programme allows students to focus on attaining a broader understanding of infectious disease through attending taught units.
Students can also undertake an extended research project within groups led by experienced team leaders. Such projects can involve basic investigations of immune mechanisms or applied field based studies.
- demonstrate specialist knowledge and understanding of the basic principles of host immunity to infection against the diverse range of pathogens which confront human populations
- apply this specialist knowledge to a range of practical skills and techniques, in particular modern molecular and cellular techniques for assessing immune responses to pathogens
- critically assess, select and apply appropriate research methods to investigate basic immunological mechanisms and applied issues in the immunology of infection
- critically evaluate primary scientific data and the published scientific literature
- integrate and present key immunological concepts at an advanced level, both verbally and in written form
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Immunology of Infectious Diseases
- Analysis & Design of Research Studies
- Molecular Biology
- Advanced Immunology
- Advanced Training in Molecular Biology
- Immunology of Clinical Diseases
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences Immunology View 1043 other Masters in Public Health in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- In order to be admitted to an LSHTM master's degree programme, an applicant must:
- hold either a first degree at Second Class Honours standard in a relevant discipline, or a degree in medicine recognised by the UK General Medical Council (GMC) for the purposes of practising medicine in the UK, or another degree of equivalent standard awarded by an overseas institution recognised by UK ENIC.
- hold a professional qualification appropriate to the programme of study to be followed obtained by written examinations and judged by LSHTM to be equivalent to a Second Class Honours degree or above.
- have relevant professional experience or training which is judged by LSHTM to be equivalent to a Second Class Honours degree or above.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International30380 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30380 GBP per year during 12 months.
National14200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14200 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Home: £7,100
- Overseas: £15,190
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.