It is an economics-centered, multidisciplinary program, combining rigorous training in analytical and quantitative methods with an emphasis on policy and practice.
The Public Administration - International Development, MPA/ID degree from Harvard Kennedy School offers unparalleled training for a professional career in development. The mix of theoretical rigor with a practical approach has proven to be a winning combination in the professional world.
The right fit
The MPA/ID Program may be for you if you:
- Demonstrate commitment to the social, political and economic growth of developing and transitional economy countries
- Work in the development field, whether in government, central or regional banks, international development institutions, nonprofits, research organizations or the private sector
- Have a strong academic record
- Excel in economics and mathematics
- Want to deepen your understanding of complex development problems and acquire the analytical tools to design and implement effective solutions
Around the world, Master in Public Administration in International Development (MPA/ID) graduates are in pivotal roles, leading development. Inside governments and traditional development organizations, and outside the box in startups and social enterprises, MPA/IDs are changing the way development is done.
Our graduates hold influential policy and management positions in a wide range of international organizations, national governments, central and regional banks, nonprofit and research organizations and private sector companies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Microeconomics
- Advanced Macroeconomics
- Advanced Statistics and Econometrics
- Economic Development: Theory, Evidence and Policy Design
- Management in a Development Context
- Institutions in Development
- Good Governance
- Applications and Cases in International Development
- Capstone Paper
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Administration International Development View 557 other Masters in Public Administration in United States
- A bachelor's degree, with a strong academic record, including good grades in economics and mathematics courses.
- Prerequisite courses: completion of at least one university-level course each in microeconomics, macroeconomics and three university-level courses in calculus, which must include multivariable calculus.
- Competitive GRE or GMAT scores, especially in the quantitative section. In general, you are most competitive for admission if you score in the 80th percentile and above on the GRE or GMAT quantitative section.
Most of our admitted MPA/IDs have at least three years of development-related work experience in government, central or regional banks, international development institutions, nonprofits, research organizations or private businesses.
International51432 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 51432 USD per year during 24 months.
National51432 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 51432 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Cambridge
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.