It enables students to contribute effectively at a local, national and international level in research, training and service delivery.
The training will enable students to develop a public health oriented approach to eye care services and the control of blindness in keeping with the objectives of Vision 2020: The Right to Sight.
- describe the basic epidemiology of the major blinding eye diseases
- design and interpret studies to assess public health eye care needs using appropriate research methods
- critically appraise and select appropriate public health interventions for the major blinding eye diseases
- design a comprehensive eye care programme for appropriate preventive and therapeutic measures for a community
- develop the skills necessary for resource mobilisation, management and evaluation of local comprehensive eye care programmes and integration into health systems
- discuss the importance of disability in the global context, appraise the epidemiology of visual and impairment leading to disability and the impact of disability on people’s lives
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Basic Epidemiology
- Basic Statistics for Public Health & Policy
- Epidemiological Methods Applied to Eye Diseases
- Foundations of Global Eye Health and Eye Care Programmes
- Skills for Field Projects in Eye Care
- Childhood Eye Disease and Ocular Infections
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 1042 other Masters in Public Health in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- In order to be admitted to an LSHTM master's degree programme, an applicant must:
- hold either a first degree at Second Class Honours standard in a relevant discipline, or a degree in medicine recognised by the UK General Medical Council (GMC) for the purposes of practising medicine in the UK, or another degree of equivalent standard awarded by an overseas institution recognised by UK ENIC.
- hold a professional qualification appropriate to the programme of study to be followed obtained by written examinations and judged by LSHTM to be equivalent to a Second Class Honours degree or above.
- have relevant professional experience or training which is judged by LSHTM to be equivalent to a Second Class Honours degree or above.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International28540 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28540 GBP per year during 12 months.
National12330 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12330 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Home £6,165 /year
- EU/Overseas £14,270 /year
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.