- #3 in the world for Public Health - ShanghaiRanking 2020
- #3 in Public, Environmental and Occupational Health and #4 in Infectious Diseases (US News Best Global Universities Subject Ranking 2021)
- 91% overall student satisfaction - Postgraduate Taught Experience Survey 2019-20
The Reproductive and Sexual Health Research programme at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine is designed for those interested in acquiring the research skills necessary to conduct policy-relevant research into sexual and reproductive health.
The curriculum has a focus on middle- and low-income settings but also provides excellent training in the principles and methods of research for high-income countries.
By the end of this programme students should be able to:
- demonstrate advanced knowledge and understanding of evidence-based approaches to research of reproductive and sexual health issues
- critically assess and apply these research approaches to inform development, health and social welfare programmes
- demonstrate a good understanding of the socio-cultural, political and ethical issues surrounding reproductive and sexual health
- identify and address appropriate research questions in reproductive and sexual health, using methods from a range of public health disciplines
- demonstrate the ability to carry out key research skills and activities, including literature review, research study design, and critical analysis and application of research findings
Graduates go into public health and reproductive health programmes, evaluation of family planning programmes, research for governmental and non-governmental agencies and university teaching.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Basic Epidemiology or Extended Epidemiology
- Foundations in Reproductive Health
- Principles of Social Research
- Statistics for Epidemiology and Population Health
- Health Policy, Process & Power
- Population Studies
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGender & Sexuality Studies Public Health Human Medicine View 93 other Masters in Gender & Sexuality Studies in United Kingdom
- a second-class honours degree of a UK university, or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard, in a subject appropriate to that of the course of study to be followed
- a registrable qualification appropriate to the course of study to be followed, in medicine, dentistry or veterinary studies.
Applications with an appropriate technical qualification, or equivalent qualification and experience from overseas, are also welcomed.
Additional requirements for the MSc Reproductive & Sexual Health Research are:
- evidence of numeracy skills
Any prospective student who does not meet the above minimum entry requirement, but who has relevant professional experience, may still be eligible for admission
International25410 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25410 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10990 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10990 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Home: £5,495
- Overseas: £12,705
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.