The Nutrition for Global Health programme at London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine attracts graduates from many countries and various disciplines who wish to equip themselves for global health nutrition research and teaching, operational work in the field or community nutrition programmes, work in public health nutrition, including health promotion and nutrition education, and for policy and programme planning in nutrition.
By the end of this programme students will be able to:
- demonstrate an advanced knowledge of public health nutrition at biological, social & policy levels
- assess critically, select and apply a range of appropriate research skills and techniques, including: anthropometry, dietary analysis, statistics, epidemiology, qualitative methods, research, computing & information retrieval
- interpret and synthesise different types of data used to analyse and assess nutritional problems at population and population sub-group levels
- evaluate critically the findings of scientific studies on public health nutrition
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fundamental Public Health Nutrition
- Basic Epidemiology
- Statistics for Epidemiology & Population Health
- Foundations for Health Promotion
- Health Policy, Process & Power
- Principles of Social Research
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPublic Health Nutrition & Dietetics Health Sciences View 131 other Masters in Nutrition & Dietetics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- In order to be admitted to the MSc Nutrition for Global Health, an applicant must:
- hold either a first degree at Upper Second Class Honours (2:1) standard in a relevant discipline, or a degree in medicine recognised by the UK General Medical Council (GMC) for the purposes of practising medicine in the UK, or another degree of equivalent standard awarded by an overseas institution recognised by UK ENIC.
- hold a professional qualification appropriate to the programme of study to be followed obtained by written examinations and judged by LSHTM to be equivalent to an Upper Second Class Honours degree or above.
- have relevant professional experience or training which is judged by LSHTM to be equivalent to an Upper Second Class Honours degree or above.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International28540 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28540 GBP per year during 12 months.
National12330 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12330 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Home £6,165 /year
- EU/Overseas £14,270 /year
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.