The studies in Biomedical Sciences - Drug Discovery and Development at University of Turku give you a deep understanding of up-to-date methods applied to identify and validate new drug targets and to generate lead drug molecules.
It also provides knowledge of technological innovations as well as methods of clinical drug research and development phases, clinical trial design, study planning and biostatistics. In addition, you will learn about drug regulatory science and pharmacovigilance.
After graduation, you master drug discovery and development processes as well as procedures applied in drug regulatory science. You will also be familiar with the role of drug regulatory authorities during the life span of a drug. The University of Turku also offers Drug Research Doctoral Programme for post-graduate studies.
You will have comprehensive skills to work in the field of biomedicine and drug discovery in companies, universities, research institutes or drug regulatory authorities. The Programme also provides a good foundation for those interested in entrepreneurship.
After graduation, you will be an expert in drug discovery and development processes. You will know the procedures applied in drug regulatory science and the role of drug regulatory authorities during the life span of a drug.
Possible job titles are:
- medical liaison
- medical writer
- regulatory consulting expert
- scientific/technical advisor
- research director
- project manager
- drug development pharmacologist
- university lecturer/researcher
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Principles of Drug Discovery and Development
- Drug Regulatory Science
- Bioinformatics in Drug Discovery
- Methods in Experimental Pharmacology
- Finnish Language
- Clinical Trial Design and Cli9nial Drug Research
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry Public Health Pharmacy View 7 other Masters in Public Health in Finland
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
You are an eligible applicant for Master’s-level studies if
- you have a nationally recognized first cycle degree – normally a Bachelor’s degree – from an accredited institution of higher education,
- your degree corresponds to at least 180 ECTS (European credits) or to three years of full-time study,
- your degree is in a relevant field for the Master’s degree programme that you’re applying to. Please check the programme page for detailed degree requirements.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International12000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
- Free for citizens of EU/EEA countries or Switzerland, for citizens of non-EU/EEA countries €12,000/academic year
Living costs for Turku
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.