The main objective of the Master of Science in Bioethics is to train highly qualified students for research work or professional activities in the domain of bioethics, an interdisciplinary field that studies value questions that arise in health care, public health and biomedical research.
What is the programme all about?
- The main objective of the Master of Science in Bioethics from KU Leuven is to train highly qualified students for research work or professional activities in the domain of bioethics, an interdisciplinary field that studies value questions that arise in health care, public health and biomedical research.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Law and Healthcare
- Clinical Bioethics training
- Ethics and Law in Biomedical Research
- Public Health Ethics and Ethics in Health Policy
- Human Genetics, Ethics and Policy
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics View 7 other Masters in Philosophy & Ethics in Belgium
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Only holders of a master's degree (possible degrees are medicine, biology, nursing sciences, political sciences, theology, philosophy, psychology, sociology, economics, law, ...) will be accepted to the programme.
- For countries in which a Bachelor's degree is sufficient to pursue a doctorate degree (such as the U.S.), please contact the program coordinator regarding exceptions to the requirement of a previous master's degree.
- Students should have a good command of English, both spoken and written.
- Applicants are required to demonstrate their proficiency in English, either by proving that some of their previous studies were successfully completed in English, or by submitting the results of a recognized language proficiency test such as IELTS (Academic version, overall band score of at least 6.5) or TOEFL (minimum score of at least 580 (paper-based) or 237 (computer based) or 92 (internet based) will be accepted).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International2000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2000 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEA2000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2000 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
For most recent - and only official - information on tuition fees, please visit our website.
Living costs for Leuven
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.