Together with your fellow students on the primary and other secondary programmes, you will study the principles of effective pedagogy, assessment, lesson and curriculum planning. You will participate actively in learning, contributing to seminars, delivering presentations and engaging critically with research. During the University sessions, you will plan and deliver microlessons in preparation for the practical element of the Drama Postgrad. Cert. degree offered at Aberystwyth University.
You will study Drama’s contribution to the delivery of the curriculum for English or Welsh, and will consider Drama’s potential as part of the Expressive Arts Area of Learning and Experience. In collaboration with students in other subject areas you will develop your practice in working across the curriculum. There will be a focus on delivering practical, devised and text-based sessions throughout the secondary age range including GCSE Drama, AS/A Level Drama and Performing Arts specifications.
Assessment on the course takes a range of forms including, for example: essays, reflective writing, presentations, lesson plans, action research project. There are no formal examinations. Assessment of practice takes place throughout all three placements on a continuous basis.
All teachers are responsible for the teaching of the three cross-curriculum themes of literacy, numeracy and digital competence. Students will be supported in planning the delivery of literacy, numeracy and digital competence in the context of their own subject.
- Effective Pedagogy
- Evaluating Learning and Skills
- Pedagogy and Curriculum Knowledge
- Professional Studies
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPedagogy Teaching Theatre & Dance View 214 other Masters in Theatre & Dance in United Kingdom
- A degree, at least 50% of which is Drama-related. We consider students with degrees in related subjects, for example, Film or Performing Arts. There will be gaps in subject knowledge for all students and the course is designed to address this issue.
- Where an equivalent to a grade B in either English Literature or Welsh Literature is achieved, a minimum of a grade C must be achieved in the corresponding GCSE examination in English or Welsh (First) Language. A grade B in the GCSE Examination in Mathematics or Mathematics-Numeracy must also be achieved.
- Copies of University transcripts (certified translated copies are required if original document is not in English or Welsh).
- Copies of Degree certificates (certified translated copies are required if original document is not in English or Welsh).
- Personal statement within 1-2 A4 pages.
International14000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Aberystwyth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.