- The Structural Design and Construction Management with Sustainability course at Kingston University builds on the research excellence in sustainable concrete construction at Kingston University and is fully compatible with the existing Government and Foresight Strategy on Sustainable Construction.
- Input from experts at leading civil engineering, construction and related companies complements the academic teaching. This enables you to develop a wider perspective and understanding of the worldwide sustainability issues facing the construction industry.
What will you study?
The hands-on course focuses on the challenges and opportunities for the concrete industry in meeting the demands of sustainability. It combines concrete technology, sustainable construction, earthquake engineering, fire assessment, geo-environmental engineering and construction management.
The structural design in concrete module is assessed by coursework based on the national university competition organised by The Concrete Centre, the trade body representing the concrete industry in the UK.
Where this course will take you
The market for sustainable construction management is continually evolving. Graduates from this programme will be prepared for senior technical and managerial positions in both private and governmental sectors, including:
- civil/structural engineer;
- concrete technologist;
- materials engineer;
- technical manager;
- designer/ consultant;
- project engineer;
- construction engineer.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Management of Project Risk, Quality and Safety
- Sustainable Construction and Substructure Design
- Structural Design in Concrete and Steel
- Estimating, Tendering and Procurement
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible, applications will close when the course is full.
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction Sustainable Development View 266 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in United Kingdom
- Good honours degree (minimum 2.2) or academic equivalent in civil engineering or structural engineering.
- Exceptionally, applicants who have substantial working experience in a related discipline (without a first degree) may be considered (if you can satisfy the admissions tutor of your motivation, numeracy and evidence of your ability to work at this level).
- Overseas students must satisfy the admissions tutor that they have reached an equivalent academic standard.
International14500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9200 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- Home and European Union
- Overseas (not EU)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.