The Couple and Family Therapy degree offered by the University of Nevada, Las Vegas , also qualifies students to apply for licensure in the state of Nevada and sit for the national MFT licensing exam.
The MFT Program at UNLV is designed to achieve several Educational Outcomes. Decisions we make as a faculty about the direction of a program are generally tied to developing better ways to measure the outcomes, achieve the outcomes, and revise the program with consideration to supporting the Educational Outcomes. In short, these outcomes uniquely distinguish UNLV’s MFT Program from any other. It is important that you acquaint yourself with these outcomes.
With a master’s degree in Marriage and Family Therapy, plus post-degree training and supervision you can become:
- Licensed as a marriage and family therapist.
- Certified as a family therapy supervisor.
- A marriage and family therapy researcher.
- An instructor of marriage and family therapy.
- A clinician in an agency setting.
- A private practitioner of marriage and family therapy.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Sexual Issues in Marriage and Family Therapy
- Counseling Across the Lifespan
- Diversity in Couple and Family Therapy
- Substance Abuse in Couple and Family Therapy
- Family Dynamics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesPsychology Counselling Clinical Psychology View 340 other Masters in Clinical Psychology in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Transcripts All applicants are required to submit a transcript from each postsecondary institution attended, showing all degrees and coursework, the dates awarded, and grades received. If the institution is outside the U.S., a foreign credential evaluation may be required.
- Credentials not in English must be accompanied by an English translation certified as true by a university official, an official representative of a United States embassy or consulate, the United States Information Service, the United States Education Foundation, or an approved professional translating service. Notarized copies of originals or translations are not considered official.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International23411 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23411 USD per year during 18 months.
National23411 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23411 USD per year during 18 months.
In-State6869 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6869 USD per year during 18 months.
Living costs for Las Vegas
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.