The objective of the Agrosciences, Environment, Territory, Landscape, Forest mention is to give students who already have a first training in biology, chemistry or earth sciences, training on concepts of biology common to the fields of application of different routes of the mention, and a mastery of the tools (communication, experimentation, observation over long periods, investigation, interpretation of data, etc.) essential both for research and innovation approaches and for management professions (at production or conservation), management consulting and animation in our sectors of agriculture, forestry and natural environments.
The Forests and their Environment degree at the University of Lorraine offers a broad perspective and in-depth training on the organization, functioning and dynamics of European forests, providing a basis to address challenges arising from the environmental constraints and human uses of forests. The objective is to prepare for :
- Professional careers in R&D or expert positions on the environmental diagnosis and management of forest ecosystems in private/public national/international institutions,
- Scientific careers in research institutions conducting programs in forest ecology and management.
- European forests, sustainable forest management, certification
- Understanding tree structure and functions
- Biogeochemical cycles in forest ecosystems
- Dynamics of forest plant and tree communities
- Forests and forestry in a context of global change
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesForestry Environmental Sciences View 8 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in France
- Biology licence.
- Applications from students with another diploma are also examined by the training team.
- Level of English equivalent to B2 is required for the second year
International243 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 243 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA243 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 243 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.