The Biological Sciences degree offered by the University of Nevada, Las Vegas , is research centered and requires the defense of a thesis that describes a novel research project that can serve as the basis for the publication of at least one paper in a peer-reviewed journal. The M.S. degree in Biological Sciences prepares students for careers in education, government, and industry as well as preparing them for more advanced degrees in the life sciences. Students must complete a minimum of 30 credit hours from a list of core and approved courses within their section.
All students graduating with a Masters of Science in Biological Sciences should be able to:
- Master a critical set of key concepts specific for each sectional concentration.
- Become familiar with key methodologies specific for each sectional concentration.
- Comprehend and critically evaluate the current published scientific literature.
- Engage in scientific research in which the individual can formulate hypotheses, generate high quality data, and evaluate that data for reasonable scientific conclusions.
- Communicate scientific results effectively in oral presentations to general and specialized audiences.
- Communicate scientific results effectively in written reports suitable for publication.
- Instruct and engage students and members of the community at all levels to appreciate the importance of biology in their lives
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Cellular and Molecular Biology Track
- Ecology and Evolutionary Biology Track
- Integrative Physiology Track
- Microbiology Track
- Quantitative Biology and Bioinformatics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Molecular Sciences Bioinformatics View 349 other Masters in Bioinformatics in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applications for fall admission that are completed by the posted deadline will be given priority for state-funded graduate assistantships. Admission is based on a combination of criteria that may differ from one year to another, however, most successful applicants have a minimum of a 3.0 undergraduate grade point average (junior and senior years). Decisions for fall applicants will be made by April 1 if not sooner.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International23411 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23411 USD per year during 12 months.
National23411 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23411 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State6869 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6869 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Las Vegas
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.