Journalism and Media Studies courses of study at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas , are designed to engage research in diverse career arenas such as human resources, politics, advertising, education, public relations, broadcasting, and social services, as well as for students who aspire to continue their education in doctoral programs.
- Develop a grounding in mass communication theory.
- Achieve competencies in research methodologies relevant to the field.
- Develop critical thinking necessary for careers in higher education or management in the media industries.
- Balance the discipline's varied traditions in theoretical, historical, and applied research, with particular attention to the shifting media landscape.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Epistemology and biases
- Research design and sampling
- Working with datasets
- Conceptualization, operationalization, and measurement
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesJournalism Media Studies & Mass Media View 138 other Masters in Journalism in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A copy of your undergraduate transcripts (you must have a GPA of at least 3.00 in the last 90 credits of undergraduate course work).
- At least three letters of recommendation from people who are able to attest to the applicant's ability to do graduate-level work. At least one of these letters should come from a former or current professor or college-level instructor.
- A letter of intent detailing the applicant's goals and expectations as a graduate student in journalism and media studies.
- A writing sample such as a college course term paper.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International23411 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23411 USD per year during 12 months.
National23411 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23411 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State6869 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6869 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Las Vegas
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.