The primary aim is to provide a 5th year of supervised practice and structured learning to prepare candidates for a final year of supervised internship in the field of psychological practice, prior to applying for general registration as a psychologist with the Psychology Board of Australia.
The Master of Professional Psychology from provides one year of full-time education in the professional practice of psychology that:
- forms the foundation for professional practice, building on the existing knowledge and skills base acquired as part of an APAC-accredited (Australian Psychology Accreditation Council) four-year undergraduate course;
- takes an evidence-based approach based to the scientist-practitioner model;
- is broad and generalist in nature; and
- grounds the core professional competencies as outlined in the APAC accreditation standards.
The Master of Professional Psychology is accredited by the Australian Psychology Accreditation Council (APAC) as meeting the requirements of a 5th year program of study, allowing progression towards registration as a psychologist with the Psychology Board of Australia.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Applied Interventions
- School Psychology
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Health Sciences Clinical Psychology View 47 other Masters in Clinical Psychology in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Students accepted into the course must have successfully completed a four year, or three year plus a fourth year, Australian Psychology Accreditation Council (APAC)-accredited sequence in psychology from the University of Wollongong onshore or internationally, within the previous 10 years, and be eligible for registration with the Psychology Board of Australia as a provisional psychologist.
- Places in this course are limited. Entry is competitive and is based on academic merit and personal suitability.
- CRICOS: 099429G
International32592 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32592 AUD for the full programme during 12 months.
National29184 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29184 AUD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Wollongong
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.