Over the course of the program, M.A. students develop and hone their abilities to solve problems. Communicating the results of economic analysis is a valuable skill in the business world and the program provides students the opportunity to develop their writing and presentation skills. The program produces students with a set of skills that both businesses and policymakers value. M.A. students in economics are attractive candidates for different employers — government agencies, marketing research firms, corporate research and financial departments, and consulting firms. Students interested in pursuing a Ph.D. in economics or finance also benefit from the MA in economics. The department welcomes both full and part-time students. Ambitious students can complete the program in one year.
- Macroeconomic Theory
- Microeconomic Theory
- Mathematical Economics
- Econometrics I, Statistical Modeling
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics View 370 other Masters in Economics in United States
- Bachelor’s Degree – You must hold a four-year baccalaureate from a regionally accredited institution or an approved equivalent.
- Grade Point Average – You must have a minimum overall grade point average of 2.75 (4.00=A) for the bachelor’s degree or a minimum 3.00 (4.00=A) for the last two years (60 semester hours).
- Additional Factors – Factors that may also be considered by the academic department to which you are applying include test scores (like the GRE or GMAT).
- Transcripts – All applicants are required to submit a transcript from each postsecondary institution attended, showing all degrees and coursework, the dates awarded, and grades received.
International14472 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7236 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National8904 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4452 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
UNLV is here to help you finance your education. In 2013, more than 70 percent of UNLV students used loans, grants, scholarships, and work-study programs to help pay their college expenses. We have provided cost of attendance and financial aid calculators to help you estimate your college costs.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.