The three-year Master of Divinity (MDIV) degree at Yale University requirements reflect the intention of YDS to provide an education that is theologically informed, professionally competent, academically rigorous, and oriented to the life of the church.
- Students with heavy responsibilities outside of school are strongly advised to reduce their course load, but the total program of study for the M.Div. degree shall not be expanded beyond six years. Students will not receive financial aid for course work beyond the requirements.
- The residency requirement of three years may be reduced when credits, up to a maximum of twenty-four hours, are transferred. In order to receive the M.Div. degree, students who transfer credits must complete at least two years of resident work at YDS, one of which must be the final year.
- Exceptions to the final-year residency requirement may be made for students on approved exchange or joint-degree study. In all cases a minimum of forty-eight credits must be earned through course work at Yale.
- Old Testament and New Testament
- Elementary Hebrew and Greek
- Systematic Theology
- Denominational Courses
- Historical Studies
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory Philosophy & Ethics Religious Studies & Theology View 298 other Masters in Philosophy & Ethics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- $80 application fee or fee waiver
- Recommendations from two teachers and one counselor
- School Report with transcript
- English proficiency test results - recommended for non-native English-speakers
- Mid-Year Report & Final Report
International25950 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25950 USD per year during 36 months.
National25950 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25950 USD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for New Haven
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.