The Graphic Design program at Yale University thesis is conceived as a loose framework within which each student’s visual method is deployed across many diverse projects during the two-year course of study.
While every thesis project is unique, there are several common features: a focus on methodology, the application of a visual method to studio work, and the organization of the work in a thoughtfully argued written document and “Thesis Book.”
The individual collection of graphic design work by each student is supported on several levels simultaneously: studio work led by faculty meeting weekly; small six-person thesis groups meeting biweekly; individual sessions with writing and editing tutors; and lectures, presentations, and workshops.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Preliminary Studio
- Designing with Time, Motion and Sound
- Advanced Graphic Design: Series and Systems
- Expression, Structure, and Sequence: Typography
- Interactive Design and the Internet
- Advanced Graphic Design: History, Editing, and Interpretation
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Graphic Design View 579 other Masters in Design in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- $80 application fee or fee waiver
- Recommendations from two teachers and one counselor
- School Report with transcript
- English proficiency test results - recommended for non-native English-speakers
- Mid-Year Report & Final Report
International42275 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 42275 USD per year during 24 months.
National42275 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 42275 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for New Haven
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.