This Master of Engineering Leadership (MEL) in Dependable Software Systems from University of British Columbia combines graduate-level engineering courses with UBC Sauder School of Business courses – giving you the skills and confidence to take your career in new directions.
Our world is increasingly reliant on dependable software. Leading companies across a range of industries – from health care and finance to transportation, power generation and telecommunications – need software engineers with the technical knowledge to design and maintain safety-critical software systems. They’re also looking for individuals who have the business insight and interpersonal skills to assess risk, manage projects and lead teams.
In program you will:
- update your technical and analytical skills, enabling you to develop and maintain dependable systems
- complete a major capstone project and gain specific domain expertise
- study under renowned faculty and industry experts
- expand your professional network while collaborating with other MEL students
- gain the fundamental business, project management and interpersonal skills to advance your career and confidently take on positions of increased responsibility
Our graduates will be in high demand locally, nationally and internationally, with government and industry employers constantly seeking experts in this field. Read some of alumni stories on our website to find out how our graduates have gone on to excel their careers with their UBC MEL in Dependable Software Systems degree. Graduates of the program started in positions, such as Product Manager, Software Engineer, Software Consultant.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Software Verification & Testing
- Software Project Management
- Organizational Leadership
- Strategy & Innovation
- Analytics & Interpretation For Applied Sciences
- Error-resilient Computing Systems
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Computer Sciences Software Engineering View 57 other Masters in Software Engineering in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All applicants are advised to use the online application system. Learn more about application fees, payment methods, and application fee waivers.
- A statement of interest is an important part of most graduate school applications. It may also be called a "statement of intent", "description of research interests" or something similar.
- Applicants from a university outside Canada in which English is not the primary language of instruction must provide results of an English language proficiency examination as part of their application.
- All students who are enrolled in programs that include a practicum component involving work with children or vulnerable adults will have to undergo a criminal record check before they will be permitted to register in the practicum.
International36244 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18122 CAD per semester during 12 months.
National19872 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9936 CAD per semester during 12 months.
- per instalment
Living costs for Vancouver
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.