Students of UNIGIS Master of Science (MSc) of University of Salzburg develop their individual areas of expertise in the Electives as well as the Master Thesis research, according to their personal needs and interests.
UNIGIS MSc students are typically working GI-professionals, who lead – or aim to lead – interdisciplinary teams.
The study is compliant with the level 7 (Master) of the European Qualifications Framework.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Data Modelling and Data Structures
- Data Sources and Data Acquisition
- Spatial Analysis
- Visualisation and Cartography
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeographical Information Systems (GIS)
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- hold a general university entry qualification for an Austrian university or a university of applied sciences (“Fachhochschule”).
- have a minimum age of 20
- prove sufficient English language skills: language level B2 or higher according to the Common European Framework (CEF), or equivalent qualifications.
- Cover letter with your motivation to apply for the program
- Student Application Form – signed
- UNIGIS Terms of Participation – signed
- Curriculum Vitae
- All degrees and certificates mentioned in the student application form and curriculum vitae (originals may be requested for verification)
- A copy of the passport or national identity card
- If available: a proof of your English language proficiency
- A recent photograph
International4900 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9800 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA4900 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9800 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
The tuition fee can be split into two annual installments, 5200.- € each.
Students are frequently semi-funded by their employer. Further, national funding schemes of the student's home country may apply.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.