Why this Music Design MMus pathway from HKU University of the Arts Utrecht?
- Personal study plan
- Personal supervision by tutor/supervisor and teachers
- (Practice-oriented) research
- Contacts with the professional field: venues, music organisations, etc.
- Training in business and organisational skills
- Masterclasses and clinics
- Participation in projects
- Practice-oriented internship
- Multidisciplinary projects, in collaboration with animation, modern dance, theatre, film, games, visual art, etc.
- Artist-in-residence projects
- Presentations, lectures and seminars at HKU University of the Arts Utrecht.
Career opportunitiesAfter the MMus Music Design, you will have developed a professional and artistic focus and vision, and you will be able to work, for instance, as a:
- Music technologist
- Sound artist
- Composer (autonomous or applied)
- Software developer
- Sound designer
- Sonic Interaction Designer
- Game Audio Designer
- Music Technology: the focus is on the development and meaningful application of technology in the numerous situations – whether multidisciplinary or within a particular discipline – in which music design plays a role.
- Music Production: the focus is on the musical, contextual and production aspects that play a role in the production of music – from live performance to music on CD or other media, and from music for media to games and interactive installations.
- Sound Design: the focus is on the creation and application of sound and noise in settings that are usually multidisciplinary, such as film, theatre and games.
- Composition: the focus is on the creation and application of music in settings and contexts that are either multidisciplinary or within a particular discipline, from contemporary dance to the advertising industry, and from games to animation.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesMusic Sound Engineering
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at HKU University of the Arts Utrecht and/or in Netherlands, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Apply online via studielink.nl
- As soon as we have received your online application, you will receive further instruction by email about the documents you will have to upload. This comprises amongst others a portfolio of your work, a motivation letter, a proof of your English proficiency, and a preliminary MMus study plan.
- Subsequent to uploading, your assignment will be assessed by the selection committee. We will keep you informed about the results through e-mail.
- On the basis of this assessment, candidates will be invited to attend an entry interview, if necessary through skype.
International10051 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10051 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA2209 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2209 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Utrecht
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.