The Social Work program at The University of Texas at Arlington prepares students who understand the global and organizational contexts of social work practice and who are prepared to assume the responsibility for leadership positions, as well as engaging in life long-learning.
Upon graduation from the MSW Program, students will demonstrate advanced knowledge and skills in their chosen concentration and specialty across in each of the nine Competencies developed by the Council on Social Work Education, as indicated below.
- In the MSW program students prepare for advanced level positions with specializations in either direct clinical practice with families and children, mental health and substance abuse, aging, or health, or in community and administrative practice.
- Economics of social issues
- Topics in women's and gender studies
- Diverse populations
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work Sociology Counselling View 967 other Masters in Counselling in United States
- Possession of a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited U.S. college or university or its equivalent, with a satisfactory GPA of 2.7 or higher.
- Submission of three letters of reference indicating professional or academic promise.
- Submission of narrative essay of three double-spaced pages or less that responds to the following prompt: Social work practice is often classified as either micro or macro. Explain what is meant by micro practice and macro practice, and why addressing both micro and macro issues is essential to effective social work practice. Use three outside sources to support your statement and include complete citations for each.
- Submission of GRE test scores.
International20620 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20620 USD per year during 24 months.
National20620 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20620 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State10828 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10828 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Texas City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.