The objectives of the Mathematics (General Mathematics) program at The University of Texas at Arlington are:
- Develop the students’ ability to do independent research and prepare them for more advanced studies in mathematics.
- Provide advanced training and preparation for professional careers as mathematicians, mathematics teachers, and those employed in engineering, scientific and business fields.
Graduate work will be offered in algebra, complex and real variables, differential equations, functional analysis, geometry, mathematics education, numerical analysis, probability, statistics and topology.
- Government agencies
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Mathematical Analysis
- Linear Algebra and Matrices
- Applied Mathematics
- Ordinary Differential Equations
- Applied Partial Differential Equations
- Numerical Analysis
- Applied Numerical Linear Algebra
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Applied Mathematics Actuarial Science View 278 other Masters in Applied Mathematics in United States
- A B.A. or B.S. degree in mathematics or closely related field.
- An overall GPA in the final 60 hours of coursework of a 3.0 or better, as calculated by the Graduate School, on a 4.0 scale.
- For applicants whose native language is not English, a minimum score of 550 on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (or a minimum score of 213 on a computer-based test, or a minimum score of 79 on an internet-based test) or a minimum score of 40 on the Test of Spoken English.
- Three favorable letters of recommendation from people familiar with the applicant's academic work.
International20620 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20620 USD per year during 12 months.
National20620 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20620 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State10828 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10828 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Texas City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.